This is the creamiest, most delicious paleo frosting ever! It's rich yet light with a velvety smooth texture. It also doubles as an exquisite 3 ingredient chocolate mousse. Let's just say you'll want to put it on just about everything from here on out.
Chocolate Paleo Frosting
This paleo frosting is like a two-for-one deal. One day it functions as a deliciously thick icing. The next day, stick a spoon in it and it's the most amazing 3 ingredient chocolate mousse.
It's super simple to make. I've been known to whip up a big batch and snack on it for a couple days. Best of all though have to be the wholesome ingredients. Seriously, I don't know how these ingredients combine to this decadent chocolaty treat. It's like we've struck gold or something. Chocolate gold that is.
3 Ingredient Chocolate Mousse Ingredients
Okay so yes, technically there are five ingredients. But I don't count vanilla and sea salt as substantial ingredients. Regardless, you're bound to have all these ingredients on hand already and ready to be whipped up into this paleo frosting!
- Avocados - the avocados are the base of this paleo frosting. They provide ultimate creaminess and a silky smooth texture.
- Cacao Powder - aka the chocolate. Use high-quality cacao for best results.
- Maple Syrup - this is what gives the frosting a touch of sweetness.
- Vanilla - believe it or not, a little vanilla extract elevates the deep chocolate flavor.
- Sea Salt - a little goes a long way!
How to Make Paleo Chocolate Frosting
All you need to make this is a high speed blender or a food processor. Simply throw all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until it's nice and creamy. This can take a couple of minutes.
To store, use an airtight container. You'll want to store this in the fridge as the avocados can become soft and go bad quicker if left out on the counter. The paleo frosting will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge!
More Chocolate-filled Sweets
Best Ever Healthy Chocolate Frosting
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until well combined.
- Taste test it before you pour it into a container and add more maple syrup if you prefer it a little more sweet.
- Store in air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.