These oatmeal white chocolate chip cookies are soft and chewy and bursting with oatmeal clusters and cranberries. They are perfect for the holidays and a healthy version of the classic! Naturally made gluten free and dairy free.
The holidays are here and nothing says merry and bright like white chocolate and cranberries! Add some rolled oats to the cookie to ensure they remain soft and chewy and you can a killer festive Christmas cookie!
These are made with natural ingredients and low sugar making them a healthier version of the classic!
You'll also love my white chocolate dipped oatmeal gingerbread cookies and my oatmeal chocolate chip sunbutter cookies!
- Made gluten free, dairy free, and nut free
- Perfect for the holidays
- Kid approved
- Soft and chewy texture
- Made in one bowl in under an hour
Ingredients and notes
- Oat mix - I used Purely Elizabeth's Superfood Oatmeal for this recipe. It'a a great mixture of rolled oats, flax seeds, quinoa flakes, chia seeds, etc. If needed, you can substitute with just rolled oats. Feel free to add in a spoonful of any seeds if you want as well like flax seeds or chia seeds.
- Coconut sugar - Used to sweeten the cookies. Substitute with granulated sugar or light brown sugar if needed.
- White chocolate chips - Use a dairy free brand to make these cookies completely dairy free. If you aren't concerned about making these cookies dairy free, then any type of white chocolate chip will work.
Step by step directions
These oatmeal white chocolate chip cookies are so easy to make! You will need a mixing bowl, a hand mixer or stiff whisk, and a spatula.
Step 1 : Mix the wet ingredients with coconut sugar
First, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, vanilla, and coconut sugar. Mix well until the coconut sugar is well dissolved.
Step 2 : Add in the flour and oats
Add the oat flour, oat mixture, and baking soda to the bowl and fold into the batter. Be sure not to over mix the batter in this step.
Step 3 : Add mix-ins
Finally, add the white chocolate chips and cranberries to the cookie batter and mix well. This is best done with a rubber spatula to make sure the mix-ins are well disbursed into the batter.
Use a medium (about 2-oz) cookie scoop to scoop the dough into balls on a baking sheet. If you want, press a few extra white chocolate chips into the cookie dough. Then bake in the oven until golden brown.
How to store
When stored correctly, these cookies will remain soft and chewy! Allow them to cool down before transferring the cookies to an airtight container with a lid. They will keep for up to 5 days out on the counter.
You can also store them in the fridge where they will stay fresh for up to a week.
Here are a few pointers to make sure your oatmeal cookies turn out perfect!
- Don't over-mix the batter. Because these cookies have both oat flour and rolled oats, too much mixing can lead to a dry batter and a dense, heavy cookie.
- I like to press some extra white chocolate chips and cranberries into each cookie dough ball before baking them in the oven. This is how you make sure there are some on top of each cookie after they are baked.
- Because this recipe uses coconut sugar, they are darker in color when baked. You will know the cookies are done when the edges have a crispy dark brown color.
- Allow the cookies to cool down before moving them off the baking sheet.
Frequently asked questions
This is due to over-mixing the batter. Make sure only to mix the dough until the flours are just incorporated.
Yes, when you use gluten free oat flour these are gluten free.
I like these dairy free white chocolate chips. Any type of white chocolate chips will work or you can use a white chocolate bar and chop it into small pieces.
Check out these other holiday recipes:
PS : If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star review and comment below! Also be sure to follow along with me on Instagram and Pinterest to stay up to date on all tasty recipes here at The Fit Peach!
Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies (gluten free & dairy free)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil - melted
- 1 cup Purely Elizabeth Original Superfood Oatmeal
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅔ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup craisins - unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, coconut sugar, and coconut oil until well combined.
- Add the Purely Elizabeth Original Superfood Oatmeal, oat flour, baking soda, and cinnamon and fold into the batter until no flour clumps remain. Fold the white chocolate chips and craisins to disperse evenly.
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop balls of dough onto a baking sheet. To ensure a perfect circle shape, roll the dough in between the palms of your hands into a ball then place on the baking sheet. Make sure to leave about 2 inches in between each ball of dough. Bake in the oven for 12 - 14 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Top with extra white chocolate chips if desired and enjoy!