I’ve never come across a chocolate treat I didn’t like. Pretty sure you could cover anything in chocolate and I’d enjoy it. That’s probably why we had an entire chocolate bar at our wedding. I’m talking chocolate truffles, chocolate cake, chocolate covered fruit, and my personal favorite, chocolate salami (it wasn’t actually meat it was more of chocolate and Biscotti chunks in the shape of salami and it was incredible).
See, I got carried away talking about chocolate and y’all just came here for brownies. In my personal opinion, brownies need to be FUDGY (which yes, I know is not an actual word but I’m making it a word with this here bite-sized treat). They also need to have some extra chocolate chips thrown in there because, well, I freakin’ love chocolate.
These are made with sweet potatoes and a little date nectar which gives it that delectable sweetness that’s all natural. They are great for any party, gathering, or just to keep all for yourself (I won’t tell). I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I enjoyed munching on the chocolate chips while creating it.Print
These brownies are made with sweet potatoes and a little date nectar which gives it that delectable sweetness that’s all natural. They are great for any party, gathering, or just to keep all for yourself!
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix mashed sweet potatoes, eggs, and nut butter with a hand mixer.
- Add in date nectar, melted cacao butter, and vanilla and continue mixing
- Slowly add cacao powder and sea salt to the mixture while continuing to blend
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Pour brownie mix into a 9X9 greased baking pan
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a knife comes out clean when stuck in the middle of the brownies
- Let cool, slice up, and enjoy!