Not kidding, this is probably my favorite cookie recipe to date. I’m a sucker for anything nut butter + chocolate but the tigernut flour cookie is the perfect cookie counterpart.
Whoever was the first one to pair chocolate and peanut butter should really win a prize, like a Nobel Prize kinda prize. I mean, the two are like Batman and Robin, or Harry and Ron, or no, no like Will and Kate! Because when the two mesh, sparks fly…and not to mention they just look really pretty together.
What is Tigetnut?
These cookies are the perfect combination of crispy and soft and then they have an added bonus with a dark chocolate peanut butter cup on top! All the ingredients are whole and natural and lend this to be the healthiest peanut butter blossom cookie on the streets.
I know what you’re thinking - what is a tigernut? Contrary to what the name eludes to, it has absolutely nothing to do with tigers and is in fact not a nut (whoever was behind the branding is a serious jokster ????).
A tigernut is a tuber - kind of like a sweet potato or a carrot. And yes, if you suffer from a nut allergy, these guys are for you (do you feel like you’re in the cool kid’s club now?). However, I’d advise you not to slap a peanut butter cup on top, that may not end well (top it with a few chocolate chips or a dark chocolate Hershey’s kiss instead!).
Tiger nuts are a fantastic source of plant based protein, healthy fats, and fiber - but really they just make a dang good cookie!Print
These fluffy, chubby tigetnut cookies are filled with nut butter and chocolate - two of my favorite things! The tigernut flour gives it a crispy edge and a soft middle and topped off with a peanut butter cup it’s down right heaven. Made gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo-friendly!
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together tigernut flour, baking soda, and sea salt
- Next, add in the egg, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil (make sure this has cooled down before you throw it in) and mix thoroughly
- Scoop dough onto a greased baking sheet with a spoon and bake for 6-8 mins until the edges of the cookie turns golden brown
- When they are hot out of the oven, unwrap a dark chocolate peanut butter cup and GENTLY press into cookie (if you press too hard, you’ll break the cup and they will be peanut butter everywhere - not the worst thing in the world but also probably not what you were going for)
- Store in an air tight container for up to a week (but I doubt they will last that long because they are way too good)
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 219
- Fat: 15
- Carbohydrates: 23
- Protein: 3
Keywords: Tighetnut Cookies, Healthy Cookies, Peanut butter cookies, Paleo Cookies, Gluten-free Cookies
MAKE SURE TO TAG ME @THE.FIT.PEACH ON INSTAGRAM OR LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW IF YOU MAKE THIS TIGERNUT PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOM COOKIE RECIPE.