From peanut butter to chocolate chip to raspberry lemonade, I've rounded up my favorite gluten free dairy free cookies! Each one is unique in more ways than one and utterly delicious.
As you probably know by now, making a cookie gluten free is not as simple as just swapping in gluten free flour for all purpose. Gluten free baking is much different than traditional baking and it's important to use a recipe that's designed to be gluten free which is exactly what I have done with these cookies! Each one of these recipes has been tested, usually a handful of times, specifically with gluten free flour.
The same can be said about dairy free cookies. You want to make sure to use a recipe that has been tested with dairy free options.
Gluten free and Dairy free Cookie Ingredient Musts
There are tons of gluten free and dairy free ingredients nowadays. Here are my favorite types and brands:
- Gluten free 1:1 flour - Gluten free flour blends are incredible these days and typically contain multiple high quality gluten free flours that provide a texture and taste much like all purpose. King Arthur Measure for Measure Flour and Bob's Red Mill Gluten free 1:1 Flour are my go-to.
- Oat flour - This has become one my favorite gluten free flours to use as it is the closest to all purpose flour in my option. Although you can make your own, I prefer store bought oat flour for optimal results.
- Almond flour - This is a great affordable gluten free flour for those that don't have an issue with nuts. You can also usually find almond flour in most grocery stores in the baking aisle. Blue Diamond is a great brand!
- Tapioca flour - A must have pantry item for most gluten free baking. This flour helps to soften gluten free flour which can sometimes be dense. Arrowroot starch is a great substitute as well. Bob's Red Mill Tapioca Starch and Anthony's Tapioca Flour are my top choices.
- Coconut oil - Typically used in dairy free baking in place of butter. No, you won't be able to taste much of the coconut flavor if you buy the right kind. Opt for refined coconut oil as it has a milder flavor. I buy this kind from Costco and will pick up a jar of this from the store when I only need a little.
- Dairy free butter - You can now find vegan butter in most grocery stores now! Earth Balance Buttery Sticks is my go-to.
The Classic Cookies
Peanut Butter Cookies
PS : If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star review and comment below! Also be sure to follow along with me on Instagram and Pinterest to stay up to date on all tasty recipes here at The Fit Peach!