Celebrate the season with a frothy, creamy, chocolate peppermint white russian! It's boozy with hints of coffee and chocolate making it the perfect cocktail to sip on over the holidays. Dairy free and vegan and made with only 4 ingredients!
The holiday season is fun and merry...but it can also be a tad stressful and busy. A nice festive vegan chocolate white russian will definitely help not only get you in the holiday spirit but also take some stress away ;).
This cocktail is so delicious with a thick layer of creamy chocolate peppermint foam sitting on top of a layer of boozy coffee. It's the ultimate adult Christmas cocktail!
A charcuterie board would pair great with this drink - be sure to check out all my charcuterie board styling tips and tricks.
If you want to keep with a sweeter vibe, my dessert charcuterie board would also be a hit with this drink!
- Made dairy free and vegan
- Boozy with hints of chocolate and peppermint
- Creamy and frothy consistency
- Only requires 4 ingredients
- Perfect fo the holiday season
- Not too sweet and not too boozy
Ingredients and notes
- Dark chocolate peppermint creamer - This is a seasonal creamer that is great and made with almond milk, making it dairy free and vegan. It's so tasty in coffee too! You can also use a vanilla plant based creamer and add some cacao and peppermint extract.
- Coffee - Cold brew coffee is best as it's strong and bold and already cold. You can also use strong brewed coffee but you will need to chill it in the fridge until cold.
- Rum - We only use a little. Dark or clear will work i this recipe.
To make this festive vegan white russian cocktail, you will need a cocktail shaker or a mason jar with a lid and a hand-held milk frother.
Step 1 : Shake the coffee with the liquor
Pour the coffee and the rum and vodka in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well for about 20 seconds to really chill the liquid. Pour it into a cocktail glass with a large ice cube inside.
Step 2 : Froth the creamer
Pour the peppermint chocolate creamer in a glass and use a milk frother to whip it up to a creamy "foamy" consistency.
This is best done by making up and down motions with the frother inside the glass to whip air into the creamer. You will begin to see a layer of foam develop on top.
Pour the froth over top of the coffee mixture in the cocktail glass. The froth will sit on top of the cocktail and then slowly drip down after a few minutes.
DIY chocolate peppermint creamer
If you can't find Silk's chocolate peppermint almond milk creamer for this recipe as I can find it in most grocery stores around the holidays.
If you can't find it though, you can definitely make your own! Use any vegan vanilla creamer and add ½ tablespoon of cacao powder with ⅛ teaspoon peppermint extract. Mix well in a jar with a lid to incorporate the cacao powder.
- Make sure your coffee is cold, whether you use cold brew or strong coffee that has been chilled in the fridge.
- Whip the creamer well to create a foam consistency. You can do this with a milk frother or use a jar with a lid and just shake well.
- Try to use a large cocktail ice cube. A white russian is typically boozy and creamy and you don't want to water it down with small ice cubes that melt easily.
Frequently asked questions
No, Kahlúa is not vegan as it contains milk products.
A typical white russian is made with vodka, coffee liqueur, and cream. It's boozy and creamy with hints of coffee.
Yes, I recommend not making more than 3 cocktails in a shaker at once. Add the ingredients to the shaker, shake well, and pour into glasses. For the foam, pour into a glass and use the frother to froth it well.
Yes, this cocktail is made dairy free and vegan with the help of a festive almond milk creamer. This is used in place of Kahlúa which is used in traditional white russians.
More festive & tasty drinks and treats:
PS : If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star review and comment below! Also be sure to follow along with me on Instagram and Pinterest to stay up to date on all tasty recipes here at The Fit Peach!
Vegan Chocolate Peppermint White Russian
- ¼ cup cold brew - or cold strong brewed coffee
- ½ oz rum
- 1 ½ oz vodka
- ¼ cup dark chocolate peppermint creamer
- Add the cold brew, rum, and vodka to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well for at least 20 seconds. Pour into a cocktail glass with a large ice cube inside.
- In a separate glass, add the dark chocolate peppermint creamer. Use a milk frother to blend up the creamer and create a “foam” consistency. You can also use a container with a lid or a mason jar and shake well to create the same frothy consistency. Pour the foam over top of the coffee mixture in the glass and enjoy!