This thanksgiving sangria is perfect to throw together for the holiday season and sure to impress any and all guests! It's made with white wine, fresh fruit, a bubble ginger beer for some fun added fizz. Whip up a big batch because this white wine cocktail gets even better with time!
A quick and easy drink is a must around the Thanksgiving table and this white wine sangria is about as easy as it gets. Simply pour everything into a pitcher and let guests pour themselves a cocktail - like Thanksgiving punch but better.
And for those not partaking in alcohol (hi kids and soon to be moms!) I didn't forget about you. This recipe can easily be made into a mocktail with a few simple swaps.
I have a red wine sangria recipe if you prefer red and a pumpkin bourbon cocktail and an apple cider cocktail.
- So easy to make
- Minimal clean up
- Made with fresh fruit
- Less sweet than traditional sangria
- Mocktail version
Ingredients and substitutions
- Ginger beer - This is what gives the sangria a bubbly fizz and adds some crisp ginger flavor. Substitute with ginger ale (use diet to make this less sweet) if needed or you can also use club soda or tonic.
- White wine - Use a dry white wine for sangria which allows the fruit juices to shine through. i recommend a sauvignon blanc, chardonnay, or pinot grigio.
- Orange juice - I used fresh pressed orange juice but feel free to use store bought. Opt for pulp free if you can.
- Tequila - Provides and added tick to the sangria. Any liquor will work like vodka, gin, or bourbon. I love using mezcal to provide a smoky fall flavor.
This Thanksgiving sangria is beyond simple to make. It's the kind of recipe you have creative control over too (unlike baking) so you can be a little loose with the ingredients.
Use a wide-mouthed drink pitcher for easy serving. This allows the guest to grab some of the fruit inside the cocktail.
Fill the pitcher with ice (omit the ice if making ahead of time) then pour in the wine, orange juice, and top with the bottle of ginger beer. The cocktail will fizz at the top with the ginger beer but will eventually settle down. Add the tequila and stir the mixture with a stirring spoon to mix it up.
Then throw in thin slices of orange and apple along with a few cinnamon sticks.
How to serve
Serve the pitcher with a ladle or separate cup so guest can serve themselves. I like to have a few extra orange and apple slices and cinnamon sticks on the side so people can add them to their cups. These garnishes deepen the flavor of the sangria.
Making ahead of time
Not only is this Thanksgiving sangria a breeze to make, it gets better with time. The fruit and cinnamon garnishes in the pitcher will seep into the liquid deepening the flavors.
If you are making this ahead of time for a crowd, don't fill the pitcher with ice. The ice will ultimately melt and dilute the cocktail.
Instead, prepare the sangria and place it in the fridge to chill until ready to serve. Place a thing of ice next to the pitcher when serving so guests can pour the cocktail into their cup over ice.
To make this sangria non-alcoholic, omit the tequila and swap the bottle of wine and with 1 cup of water.
This will dilute the ginger beer and orange juice a tad so it's not as sweet but there is still some bubbles and fizz to make it feel like the real deal. Kids will also love to add in fresh fruit!
For more Thanksgiving recipes, check out my:
PS : If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star review and comment below! Also be sure to follow along with me on Instagram and Pinterest to stay up to date on all tasty recipes here at The Fit Peach!
Bubbly White Wine Thanksgiving Sangria
- 750 ml dry white wine - I used Sauvignon blanc
- 25 oz ginger beer - (sub. ginger ale or club soda)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 oz tequila - any liquor will work
- orange slices - to garnish (approx. 2 oranges)
- apple slices - to garnish (approx. 1 apple)
- cinnamon sticks - to garnish (approx. 4 sticks)
- If serving immediately, fill a wide-mouthed pitcher with ice. If making ahead of time don't use ice yet as it will dilute the drink. Add the dry white wine, ginger beer, orange juice and tequila. The mixture will bubble with the ginger beer but will eventually settle down. Stir a few times with a stirrer to mix.
- Add the orange and apple slices along with the cinnamon sticks and stir one more time to push some of the pieces down into the drink.
- Serve the sangria with a ladle or small cup for pouring. I like to have a separate bowl with some extra orange and apple slices and cinnamon sticks so guests can garish their drink. If you made the sangria ahead of time, also have an ice bucket next to the pitcher so people can pour the sangria over ice when ready.
Xuan Grizzell says
Your style is very unique in comparison to other people I've read stuff from. Many thanks for posting when you've got the opportunity, Guess I will just bookmark this web site.
Mary Lucus says
We made this over the holidays and everyone loved it! The ginger beer added some nice fizz too. Will definitely make it again!
Ansley Beutler says
Yay! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the recipe.